Blogger of the Week: Cryskay
Oh, how we love Blogger of the Week time! This week's blogger spotlight is shining on Crystal Kong the LA native behind fashion and lifestyle blog Cryskay. If you know anything about Simply Stylist, then you know there's nothing we love more than a woman who has both beauty and brains. Crystal has definitely got both! Read a little bit about her background and then take a peek at her 5 must-have items! Don't forget to follow along for a day in Crystal's fab LA life today, as she shares it all during her #InstaTakeover of @SimplyStylistxo!
Hello! I’m Crystal, the founder/creator behind the blog – Cryskay. I grew up & currently live in Los Angeles, CA and love this city with all my heart. I graduated with a degree in Marketing from the University of Southern California and currently work in fashion marketing as my full time job. My blog focuses primarily on my personal style, with an unique point of view that style and comfort do not have to be mutually exclusive. As a Libra, it’s in my nature to find balance between all aspects of my life, including fashion. My personal style embodies a mixture of high and low, edgy and feminine, and classic and on-trend pieces. Three words to best describe my style are: laidback, casual and chic, all inspired by the west coast lifestyle. Aside from the blog, I enjoy photography, trying new restaurants, hiking, traveling, home décor and snuggling with my dog, Russell.
1. Nike Free 5.0 sneakers : I love how these sneakers go with virtually any look.. Casually so with jeans and a t-shirt or sport-chic with a skirt or dress. Plus, there's nothing more comfortable than a pair of Nike sneakers.
2. Proenza Schouler PS11 Mini : My go-to bag for running errands and being out & about. The size is perfect and I can wear it as a cross body or on my shoulder.
3. Chanel Le Black Foam Cleanser : I've gone through more bottles of this cleanser than I can count and can't imagine living without it. A little bit goes a long way and my face is sneaky clean afterwards.
4. Aesop Avail Lip Balm : I love Aesop's Avail Lip Balm for its lightweight texture and how they keep my lips super soft. Plus it comes with SPF which is always a plus!
5. Dita Vesoul Sunglasses : Living in Southern California, where it's almost always sunny, sunglasses are not only an accessory but a necessity as well.