5 Ways To Get Fashion Week Looks Without The Designer Price Tag
The excitement that accompanies New York Fashion Week for fashionistas like us is equal to the feeling a sport-lover has during the start of Sunday Night Football. Seriously though, information pills who has the time to watch three back-to-back NFL games when there are gorgeous collections debuting on the runway right THIS second? Sorry ladies, case but your Tom Brady obsession can resume once NYFW is complete and the last model has stepped off the runway. NYFW is important for many reasons: Seeing the chic looks our favorite designers have spent months slaving over, pharmacy witnessing new designers take the stage for the very first time, and, most importantly, getting an inside look into the hottest upcoming trends. From prints, to intricate details, to statement accessories, to creative pairings, Fashion Week sets the bar for all fall fashion crazes!
If you’re anything like us, then watching the perfectly styled, well dressed, and beautified models grace the runway is bittersweet. We LOVE seeing what all the designers come up with, but our budgets can only handle so much! There’s no way we can watch the countless runway shows and not want to splurge a little to keep our wardrobe up-to-date with the latest fall fashion trends. If your wallet is feeling a little dry, have no fear — we’ve got you covered! Take a look at our favorite picks that will help you create Fashion Week looks without the designer price tag!
1) Add fringe. Fringe was a common trend on the New York Fashion Week runways. Major designers like Ralph Lauren Polo, Mara Hoffman, Diane Von Furstenberg, Elie Tahari, and Herve Leger supplemented their collections with doses of fringe that swayed to and fro with every step! We know what you might be thinking: “There’s no way I can pull off a ‘fringe-themed’ outfit.” Well, we are here to tell you that you don’t have to cover yourself head-to-toe to get a fringe-y Fashion Week look! Instead, pair a fringe vest, jacket, or purse with a simple outfit to feel trendy without breaking the bank!
Try: Genuine Suede Jacket – $54.90 – BUY HERE
2) Bring out your inner hippie. Tie-dye is making a comeback! Many designers, including BCBG Max Azria, Altuzarra, and Raquel Allefra, took a bohemian approach to their collections by incorporating fun, flirty, and colorful bits of tie-dye to create head-turning, elegant looks! Although tie-dye might seem like a tricky style to pull off, it works really well on maxi dresses, cardigans, oversized tees, and tote bags. What’s even better is that the price of 70s-inspired clothing will leave you with extra cash to spare!
Try: Tie-Dye Kimono – $32.90 – BUY HERE
3) Printed chiffon, printed chiffon, and more printed chiffon. If the name Diane Von Ferstenberg didn’t come to your mind when reading ‘printed chiffon,’ then you must be living under a rock. DFV’s Fall Collection displayed bright colors, flowing dresses, and elegant business casual pieces. Although these trends are quite expected when attending a DVF fashion show, she never disappoints and each piece is always more incredible than the last. Flowing, printed DVF-inspired dresses flatter all shapes and sizes and are a necessity in any woman’s wardrobe!
Try: ‘Lucky Loosie’ Swing Dress – $128.00 – BUY HERE
4) Panty hose are your new go-to accessory. Creatures of the Wind NYFW runway show proved that you don’t need to pile on jewelry to create a perfectly accessorized look. Instead, the collection used bold panty hose, tights, and fishnets to take an outfit from average to runway-worthy! So, next time you find yourself spending too much time sifting through piles and piles of jewelry in the morning, throw on a pair of detailed tights to take your look from a boring, everyday outfit to a fabulous and Fashion-Week inspired ensemble!
Try: Jonathan Aston Carnival Tights – $35.00 – BUY HERE
5) Grab a pair of mid-calf booties. Booties are one of our favorite shoe styles; they go with just about anything! But if you’re tired of your over worn ankle booties, then this Fashion Week trend is for you! One of the star features of Christian Dior’s chic collection was the integration of mid-calf booties. Pair a low-heeled pair of these boots with cropped pants, skirts, or shorts to create a unique twist on the fall bootie trend!
Try: ‘Embrleigh’ Almond Toe Boot – $158.95 – BUY HERE