9 Of The Best Subscription Boxes
Subscription boxes have become ubiquitous. This service is not new, but reports say that about 2,000 companies have implemented a subscription-style delivery service. Some solely offer subscription boxes while others added the service to an already existing business, but why? People love receiving gifts. Would you turn down a monthly (or semi-annual) delivery that contains unique items you wouldn’t normally have thought to purchase? No matter your interests, this is the year of the subscription box and there is probably one to fit your needs. For ladies on-the-go, a trip to the mall is not always within reach. Subscription boxes bring decision-making to your door, which gives you more time to focus on what YOU need to accomplish. Whether you’re indecisive, hesitant, or don’t have time to experiment, a subscription box will add diversity to your usual routine. So, sample a variety of items — curated just for you!
In honor of the year of the subscription box, we have gathered a list of the highest-ranked boxes. These ones are worth the spend:
1. Mac & MiaCalling all parents: Are you in need of a unique ervice that delivers hand-picked goods for children, aged newborn to six-years-old? Mac & Mia has a team of style experts ready to help busy parents! Each box is curated to fit your needs and conveniently arrives at your doorstep.
"Mac & Mia is a curated children's clothing company born out of the belief that shopping for kids should be convenient but also fun and full of quality unique pieces to fit their little personalities. Our in-house team of Style Experts focus on finding the best emerging and established brands and work with our clients one-on-one to deliver a personalized experience to busy families across the country." — Marie Tillman, Founder of Mac & Mia
Pricing: $20 Stylist Fee + Price of items you keep. 15% off full box purchases Frequency: Well, whenever you’re ready for a new one!
This all-encompassing lifestyle brand encourages women to live beautifully balanced lives! FabFitFun seasonally curates subscription boxes containing the latest trends in beauty, fashion, and wellness. This box is all about female empowerment, so it is no surprise the Fall Box includes six products created by women.
"Our members are often first drawn to quality of products and inherent value: they receive over $200 in retail value for only $49.99 each season. And that's a fantastic reason to join. But what we find in countless testimonials and surveys is that they stick around and become fanatic for something bigger: we tickle their sense of wonder, experimentation, and adventure. Our mission is to inspire happiness and personal growth through discovery. There's a great deal of research demonstrating a strong link between novelty -- trying new things -- and happiness. We try to think about our members' lives holistically -- they're not just a beauty girl, or fitness girl, or fashion girl. We're all multi-dimensional; FabFitFun boxes reflect that." — Michael Broukhim, Daniel Broukhim, and Katie Ann Rosen Kitchens, Co-Founders of FabFitFun
Pricing: Seasonal Payments of $49.99 OR Annual Membership for $179.99 Frequency: Seasonal (4/year)
3. The Year of WellnessThe Year of Wellness is intended to provide you with everything you need to live a healthy, happier life. These boxes include a selection of functional products that support healing, offer ways to detox, raise your level of happiness, guide you to creating better habits, and be the catalyst for creating a life you love. Plus, each box features a different wellness theme and comes with instructions on how to use each of your new products!
"The start of our program always begins with our first box, DETOX, no matter when you sign up. We’ve spent countless hours (thank you, matcha lattes) organizing a plan that leads you to success, and the order of the themes is very important. If you’re ready (like for real this time, YAY!) to begin a life of wellness – or to continue one for all our girls already killing it – the Year of Wellness is a no-brainer. We’d be really honored to help uncover your ultimate self." Geri Hirsch & Erin Falconer, Founders of LEAFtv
Pricing: $60 per month OR $660 1 year program Frequency: Monthly Subscription
4. GLOSSYBOXGLOSSYBOX wants you to be as knowledgable as a beauty insider. Whether you’re product-obsessed or looking to expand your beauty product selection, the GLOSSYBOX team will carefully select 5-6 deluxe samples from brands you love!
"There are several key aspects that make GLOSSYBOX unique: GLOSSYBOX is the gift that keeps on giving. Each month our Glossies receive a beautifully wrapped keepsake box with at least five travel- to full-size beauty products, carefully selected by our beauty experts. We put a lot of heart and dedication into a luxurious presentation and a refined box composition, offering an eclectic mix of prestige and niche brands as well as an exciting variety of products in each box." — Britta Fleck, President and Managing Director, GLOSSYBOX North America
Pricing: Monthly Plan for $21 per box; 3-Month Plan for $19.50 per box; 6-Month Plan for $18.50 per box; 12-Month Plan for $17.50 per box Frequency: Monthly Subscription
5. BeautyArmyAre you afraid of subscription boxes because you aren’t fully in control? BeautyArmy lets YOU pick the products you receive in your kit! Select your plan, browse through a selection of items, then pick the 6 products you want in your box and await its arrival.
"BeautyArmy is truly a unique beauty sampling service because our customers choose what is best for them. They decide when to order a BeautyArmy Kit and they choose from all of our available samples to select the best six samples for them based on their unique needs and wants. We believe that allowing our customers to decide which samples they want to try, and having the freedom to purchase a monthly box when they want, will save them time and money in their mission to find exactly the right brand of beauty products that work for them." — Christan Hiscock, BeautyArmy COO
Pricing: $12 per box Frequency: As Needed
6. Le ToteBecause Le Tote is a fashion rental service, this subscription box is unlike any other! This means their members have the ability to borrow clothing and accessories until they are ready for more. Essentially, you receive a Le Tote Box, keep the items as long as you want, then return your ‘tote’ to get another! Subscribers also have the option to purchase their favorites at a discounted rate.
"Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible and approachable for everyone, every day. We are not an event-based, ad-hoc service. Nor are we a splurge. We are an integrated and affordable part of your wardrobe. On average, women do not utilize 80% of their wardrobe. Our wear, return, repeat model prevents unnecessary spending while providing access to an incredible closet featuring more than 150 brands." – Rakesh Tondon, Le Tote CEO
Pricing: Classic Membership — $39 per month for 2 Apparel, 1 Accessory; $59 per month for 4 Apparel; $59 per month for 3 Apparel, 2 Accessory Maternity Membership — $49 per month for 2 Apparel, 1 Accessory; $69 per month for 4 Apparel; $69 per month for 3 Apparel, 2 Accessory Frequency: Monthly Subscription
7. Box of StyleRachel Zoe has a wardrobe to die for! And, the Zoe Report's Box of Style brings Rachel-approved pieces straight to your door. Box of Style is a chic subscription service that provides surprise fashion essentials in a pretty little package.
"My editorial team and I put a lot of thought into curating the Zoe Report’s Box of Style to ensure that our members start each season looking and feeling their best and on trend. Every box includes a key seasonal item created exclusively for our members by a coveted designer, in addition to must-try beauty and lifestyle products that round out the seasonal theme - its the perfect way to treat yourself or any woman in your life with over $350 of amazing full size items for only $100. The feedback has been amazing and every box we’ve created has sold out! We’re so excited to build upon this success and expand our product offerings and member benefits. Stay tuned for more great things to come!" — Rachel Zoe, Founder of The Zoe Report
Pricing: Seasonal Membership — $100 (4 payments per year) Annual Membership — $350 (Billed Annually) Frequency: Seasonal
8. ipsyAt the heart of ipsy is beauty expert Michelle Phan! When Michelle realized that choosing beauty products is a challenge for many people she created ipsy, and the company continues to provide subscribers with the opportunity to try deluxe samples before buying! Members receive a Glam Bag each month that includes a variety of trending products to try out. Plus, you can purchase full-size versions of the products you like most and watch tutorials on how to apply!
Pricing: $10 per month Frequency: Monthly Subscription
9. BirchboxTesting products can get expensive, and Birchbox founders created a less confusing, more efficient way to shop for products. Birchbox helps consumers navigate the vast range of options by bringing products fit for you directly to your door!
Pricing: Monthly Membership — $10 per month Yearly Membership — $110 Frequency: Monthly Subscription