10 Books Every Fashionista Needs to Read Now
Have you ever walked into your local bookstore only to leave empty handed because there were just too many options? If this dilemma sounds familiar, you’re not alone. There is nothing more confusing than the mazes we like to call libraries, which is why it is important to know exactly what you’re looking for prior to committing to a trip to the bookstore. Although we can easily search Amazon for the hottest books of the moment, it is hard to tell if we’re actually going to like the book by simply reading about it online. Being able to feel it, flip through the pages, and sample a chapter is a crucial step in purchasing a book… that is, unless the book comes highly recommended by a like-minded individual.
Photos by Monica Wang Photography | Margo & Me
Well, with summer right around the corner, it is time to start putting together your summer reading list. There are numerous books on the market that cover various topics — beauty, entrepreneurship, and #BossBabes — but nothing quite beats the feeling of reading a stellar book about fashion. From autobiographies to informational tales, here are 10 books every fashionista needs to have on her reading list this summer!
1. The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever By: Teri Agins Best for: Business Professionals
2. How to Dress For Success By: Edith Head Best for: Business Professionals
3. The Fashion Designer Survival Guide By: Mary Gehlhar Best for: Creative Minds
4. Dressed: A Century of Hollywood Costume Design By: Deborah Nadoolman Landis Best for: Creative Minds
5. Dior by Dior: The Autobiography of Christian Dior By: Christian Dior Best for: Entrepreneurs
6. Marc Jacobs (Memoirs) By: Bridget Foley Best for: Entrepreneurs
7. The Glass of Fashion: A Personal History of Fifty Years of Changing Tastes By: Cecil Beaton Best for: History-Lovers
8. The Fashion System By: Roland Barthes Best for: All fashionistas
9. Women in Clothes By: Sheila Heti, Heidi Julavits, and LeAnne Shapton Best for: All fashionistas
10. The Little Dictionary of Fashion: A Guide to Dress Sense For Every Woman By: Christian Dior Best for: All fashionistas
Check out our favorite reading accessories below: