5 Inspiring New Year's Resolutions From Your Favorite Bloggers
Your New Year's Resolution probably relates to fitness, wellness, or a healthier lifestyle in general, but it is no secret we all need an extra kick in the butt to remind us to follow these goals we set for ourselves every year. Most of the time, resolutions fall through because they aren’t achievable year-round, which is why we love pulling inspiration from incredible women who are not only hard-workers, but also major #BossBabes! So, what goals have your favorite bloggers set for 2017? Don't worry, if you haven't set them yet, just come to our Session! Use code SESSION for 15% off. Here are 5 blogger-inspired resolutions you might want to try:
1. Reflect on past goals. "I spent some solid time on my resolutions list. I love writing down goals and dreams each year and I have had the same Moleskin journal specifically for this since 2013. It’s nice to reflect on past goals and future hopes and dreams." — Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior(See image above for Jacey's list!)
2. Do what you love! "My resolution is to plan more activities that bring me joy. I need to be better about taking advantage of my days off. Whether that means playing with my dogs on the beach, taking our kayaks out for a splash, or trying out a new recipe, I am going to make sure I take the time to have fun! You might have noticed that this is somewhat similar to my 2016 goal, but there is always room for improvement." — Lauren Conrad
3. Divide your time strategically. "This year I realized I have to divide my time strategically between two businesses. I realize if I want Bless Box to be the best subscription box in the game, I need to be hands-on 100%. It’s such a new and exciting world and I’m already learning so much! We’re growing so fast that I’m trying to stay ahead. With that being said you guys are going to notice some new changes on my blog in the coming months." — Sazan Hendrix of Sazan.me
4. What fulfills you? “Instead of focusing on physical/material achievements this year, I decided to focus on things that will truly fulfill me long term. I took some time the past few days to reflect on what it is that truly fulfills me. It truly fulfills me to: Give more love, take care of me, and work smart, not harder.” — Chriselle Lim of The Chriselle Factor
5. Create an editable list of goals! “Throughout the year, I’ll continue to reassess the relevance and progress of goals on this list. Some goals might be refined, removed or added. So here’s my list for right now:
- Be open to meeting new people. Especially living in a new city, I think it’s important for both of us to set time aside for getting together with new people and dates with new friends.
- Address my anxiety. This is something that I’ve lived with for a long time, and I want to learn how to handle it better.
- Spend less time on less important things. This is sort of an obvious one, but a lot easier said than done.
- Put down my phone more often. This one is pretty much on every single list I have. It’s so important to disconnect, especially with a career that thrives on being present online.
- Give things my full attention until they are finished instead of getting distracted.
- Learn a new sport, such as tennis or golf. I used to play tennis when I was younger and I would love to pick it up again.
- Align myself and fight for a cause bigger than me. Thomas and I are both passionate about different causes and give back during the year, but I want to make an effort in doing more than just giving back and involve myself deeper.
- Spend one weeknight each week, doing something other than working. I would love to take a mixture of classes, try out new restaurants, or read more.
- Set aside more time to work on GMG vs work in GMG. It’s easy to get caught up in the day to day demands of work, but it’s so important to spend more time doing things that will impact the business in the future.”
— Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam