5 Tips To Help Up Your Social Media Game
Although social media was originally created with the hope of connecting digital users, more about it has developed into so much more than that! Not only has it linked us in ways we never thought were possible, what is ed but it also spreads across a multitude of platforms — Twitter, pill Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, and more — that are all unique in their own way. Wondering what an actress is thinking? Check Twitter. Want to see what your favorite blogger did over the weekend? Instagram has you covered. Interested to know what a particular celebrity is doing at this exact moment? Snapchat is the way to go!
Social media is incredibly user-friendly, but many users don’t realize that there are logistical components involved. If used the right way, these elements can set a specific account apart from the rest, which is why social media has brought forth an entirely new genre of celebrities — Social media stars! These figures range from bloggers, to YouTubers, and even to Vine stars, but they all have one thing in common: They have mastered the art of social media. So, check out below for 5 tips that will help you get your social media game on the right track!
1. Consistency. You’ve probably heard over and over again that consistency is key, but it really is! Think about it — If a social media user comes across your account and sees that your last post is from three weeks ago, the chances of them following you are slim because they have yet to see new content.
Consistency tip: Create a social media calendar that outlines a consistent posting schedule… and stick to it!
2. Branding. Branding yourself across all your social media accounts is important in establishing a successful online presence. Basically, this means all your channels should give off the same vibe!
Branding tip: If you’re having trouble branding yourself across all channels, try creating non-personal accounts that are strictly for digital influence!
3. Utilize hashtags. Hashtags are a key element in gaining new followers! So, be sure to tag all relevant topics so other users can find you and you can find them.
Hashtag tip: On Instagram, input hashtags in the first comment under your caption so they won’t clog up your followers’ feeds!
4. Complete your profile. No one likes seeing an incomplete profile, so be sure yours is in tip top shape! Ensure your picture, bio, and other fields are filled in and informative.
Profile tip: Your bio should be short and concise, but it should also tell users what your account is about, where you’re located, and why they should follow you!
5. Engage. Social media allows for users to connect with people we wouldn’t normally run into on a day-to-day basis, so take advantage of it! After all, you’re all in this together, so utilize ALL networking and collaboration opportunities!
Engagement tip: Follow similar profiles, comment on other user’s feeds, interact with your followers, and don’t be afraid to ask them what they want to see!