Beauty Product Pick: Anita Patrickson
Anita Patrickson is one of the top celebrity stylists in Los Angeles (and was recently on a Simply Stylist panel)! Originally raised in South Africa and educated in London, she has traveled extensively gaining experience across a multitude of cultures and lifestyles, which has aided her eclectic and individual fashion aesthetic. She planted her roots in LA and shortly after, Conde Nast secured her as the Assistant West Coast Editor for Allure magazine. Anita went on to help style celebrities covers such as Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Katherine Heigl to name a handful.
She dresses celebrities ranging from Emma Watson and Julianne Hough to Nina Dobrev, Kate Walsh and Taylor Kitsch and also regularly styles the covers and editorial pages of Elle, Instyle, Lucky, Vanity Fair, Esquire and more.
Anita's favorite beauty product is Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is the legendary, award-winning skin protectant that does more than soothe sun-burned skin, rehydrate chapped lips, and heal rough elbows. It's also the secret that makeup artists all over the world are using to help keep legs, lips and eyelids shiny; eyebrows in place; and cuticles perfectly manicured. Here are 8 great ways to use this classic cream:
1. SKIN SAVER – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations, including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. SHINE FACTOR – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs.
3. EYE OPENER – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day.
4. CUTICLE CONDITIONER – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured.
5. TREAT FOR FEET – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
6. AFTER-SUN SOOTHER – With its legendary soothing and moisturizing benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin.
7. FLIGHT TOOL – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Pack this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. LEG WEAR – Great for an après shave or après wax treatment. This classic cream calms irritation, reduces redness and leaves legs super-smooth and silky-soft.
What's not to love? Thanks for the tip, Anita!