The Essentials: 10 Items To Keep At Your Desk
Is your desk messy, cheap crowded, diagnosis disorganized, ampoule or all of the above? It is easy to look the other way when you begin to desk hoard, but we all know that productivity decreases when you have to continually waste time sifting through the large stack of papers on your desk to find the one you’re looking for. Although it seems efficient to have all your business materials at a close proximity, a clutter-free desk is easy to maintain and will save you from the overwhelming stress that accompanies a never-ending desk mess. If you think about it, some professionals occupy 10+ hours of their day sitting at a desk, which is probably more than the amount of time they spend sleeping. So, why do we go through great lengths to ensure our bedroom is stocked with everything needed to have the best night of sleep and ignore the one place we spend the majority of our time?
This list of office necessities will not only ensure organization, but these items will also help you grand slam any curveball thrown your way! So whether you have a 9-5 job or work from the comfort of your home, here are 10 essential items to keep at your desk:
1. Kate Spade Sticky Note Set: For anyone who has misplaced a piece of paper that had something important written on it, this Kate Spade Sticky Note Set is for you. With 7 unique sticky note styles, there are plenty of ways to organize your notes, memos, and reminders in one chic location!
2. Beaches by Gray Malin: We sometimes need a mental break at work, and Beaches by Gray Malin is the perfect visual escape! The book shares gorgeous photographs, which were shot by Malin from an aerial perspective, of beaches all over the world that will help inspire your creativity.
3. COLLAB Laptop Tote: We love Lily+Jasper clothing, but this Lily+Jasper x BTB collaboration is everything a chic boss lady could want and more. COLLAB offers fashionable and functional office accessories like this stylish laptop tote and mouse pads pictured above made with 100% real Italian Leather — buy your favorites at lilyandjasper.com!
4. Spare Flats: When your flats randomly decide to tear up the back of your heels, keep a pair of comfortable flats — like the Sam Edelman Leather Ballet Flats — in your desk drawer for shoe emergencies. At the end of the day, you’ll thank yourself for being able to comfortably walk back to your car.
5. Beauty Kit: Have you ever walked into work to realize you completely forgot about an important in-person meeting? Beauty kit to the rescue! Every woman should keep a beauty bag at her desk that includes touch-up essentials — mascara, concealer, eyeliner, perfume, and even clear nail polish for nylon runs!
7. Stain Remover: We’ve all been the person who spilled their morning cup of coffee down a white shirt and had to stick it out for the rest of the day. But, an on-the-go stain remover like Tide To Go is a simple fix for an all-too-frequent problem!
8. Refillable Water Bottle: Hydration is key! Having a reusable water bottle at your desk will not only save you from buying a bottle every time you’re thirsty, but it will also encourage you to drink more water throughout the day.
10. Umbrella: No one likes getting caught in an unexpected rainstorm, which is why an umbrella is one of the most important desk essentials! It might seem silly to store an umbrella all year-round, but you’ll be glad you saved it for a rainy day — trust me! This particular umbrella is guaranteed not to break if you happen to live in a windy city.
Article originally published on Forbes.com.