Meet the Stylist: Madison Guest
Madison Guest is a celebrity fashion stylist based in Los Angeles. Growing up in the small town of Ada, Oklahoma, Madison knew fashion was her calling and headed West in 2006. She attended the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and graduated with a degree in Merchandise Marketing.
Since graduating, she has worked in various sectors of the fashion industry, including an internship at online fashion magazine WhoWhatWear, had an assistant wardrobe position on E! Entertainment’s “The Daily 10,” and now is an in-demand stylist. Madison is the woman behind the wardrobe of Victoria Justice, has styled editorials for numerous publications, and has been featured in US Weekly, People magazine, Life and Style, and more! Simply Stylist recently talked with Madison to get to know her as a stylist a little bit more. Check out what she said below!
1) Tell us the story behind your favorite wardrobe item. Some of my absolute favorite items in my closet are my sequin jackets from all over the place - Iro, Bebe, vintage, etc. I think I've gotten every single one from a photo shoot, so each time I wear them I remember the moment they were used in the shoot.
2) What's your most memorable 'panic moment'? I would have to say there have been a few "panic moments" in my day; usually when we get a dress back from the tailor and it significantly does not fit.
3) How did you recover from it gracefully? Honestly, I just always try to remain calm for my client. Even if I'm panicking inside, on the outside as I'm cool as a cucumber and always say, "It's going to be fine, I will fix it", then I just do whatever needs to happen to keep that promise. And it's always worked out just fine.
4) What is your favorite era for fashion? The 1960s and 70s for sure!
5) What was your big break? I like to think of every job as a big break. Each time you're gaining more and more exposure!
6) Whose closet would you most like to raid? Probably Rosie Huntington Whitely or Bianca Jagger.
7) Who are your favorite designers? Right now, they're Phoebe Philo, Hedi Slimane, Alexander Wang, Tom Ford, and Isabel Marant.