Blogger of the Week: Katya Bychkova of Style Sprinter
Katya Bychkova currently resides in New York City, but she is not your ordinary NYC fashionista. Not only does she have a deep love for beauty and fashion, but she also incorporates her Russian background into her blog, Style Sprinter, to give readers an inside look at her take on the American lifestyle, which is why we are thrilled to announce that she is our amazing Blogger of the Week! Katya made the move to the Big Apple in 2008, where she began a career as a reporter and editor. Katya soon decided that she wanted to share her eventful life with others and created Style Sprinter to document the ins and outs of day-to-day moments! From the New York Fashion Week runway, to daily style choices, and even to the occasional book recommendation, she loves exploring new things and detailing them on her blog for her readers to enjoy. Get a glimpse inside Katya’s creative journey with her 5 must-have items below!
1. MSGM Chevron Notch Collar Wool Blend Coat: This coat has been on my wishlist for quite some time, but I feel like I am ready to make the move. It is definitely one of the statement pieces that will wear well (it’s 80% wool so you can make it even through a Russian winter!) and is always appropriate. I love versatile coats and this chevron perfection is surely one of such pieces.
2. Essie Nail Polish in #182 Russian Roulette: There are too many reasons why I love this nail polish. First of all, I was born and raised in Russia, and the name of this product reminds me about my background. Second of all, this perfect shade of classic bright red matches all of the red lipsticks that I have in my collection.
3. Chanel Rouge Allure #104 Passion: I am wearing a red lipstick 24/7 (except the gym and the bed because it’s silly) and this is one of my favorite lipsticks of all times. It looks amazing, doesn’t make your lips dry, and comes in such an elegant package. What else could you expect from a timeless lip shade? Oh yeah it’s also by Chanel!
4. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg: I am a bookworm and I love reading books that inspire women to be their better selves. Even though this book is not a recent one, I come back to it every now and then to recap the most important lessons. One of them is to never allow people to say that you are acting “bossy.” It’s okay for guys to be pro-active, why it’s not cool if girls are doing the same?
5. Ted Baker Hollie Loop Bow Satchel: I have so many bags in my collection--it’s not even funny! But when I saw this fairy-tale creation by Ted Baker, I couldn’t resist. This perfectly sized satchel is a real fashion chameleon as it can be easily transformed from an everyday carryall to a night out attention getter.