5 Cleanses And Diets You Need To Try In The New Year
You can’t make it through the holidays without wining and dining on multiple occasions, but you should be aware of the harmful effects excessive eating and drinking can have on your body. Ask yourself: Are you struggling to get back on track since returning from break? Or, do you still feel a bit sluggish since your celebratory New Year’s Eve party? If so, you should probably consider a detox program to get your body running at it's full potential. Here are 5 of today's hottest detoxing fads to start 2017 off on a healthy note:
1. Sakara Life: Sakara Life is an organic meal delivery program that favors a plant-rich, gluten-free, superfood diet. It is no secret the food you consume affects your relationships, career, happiness, and ability to create, and Sakara Life was created to bring fresh meals, prepared with loving hands and healthy ingredients, straight to your doorstep!
3. Beaming Lifestyle Cleanse: This cleanse is designed to provide you with sufficient calories, fiber, fat, and nutrition, meaning it is one of the few detox programs you can implement for an extended period of time! The LifestyleCleanse offers nutrient dense meals that range from 1200-1400 calories, which include an assortment of artisan cold pressed juices, superfood protein smoothies, salads, soups, and superfood elixirs.
3. An Alcohol Cleanse: One of the easiest ways to cleanse your body is to cut out alcohol for a given amount of time. Easier said than done, right? Alcohol is a toxin, meaning it can affect your kidneys, liver, stomach, adrenals, and small intestines if consumed in large doses. A brief alcohol cleanse can restore hydration, minerals, and rid your body of unwanted toxins.
4. Pressed Juicery: If a fixed cleanse isn’t your thing, try one of Pressed Juicery’s customizable cleanses! Whether you need an immune boost or a full-body detox, Pressed Juicery has a number of delicious juices and cleanses that can be altered to fit your needs.
5. Strict Paleo Diet: This is a tough one to follow, but the results are incredible and FAST. Our Founder Sarah Boyd followed this diet after having her daughter and lost almost 10-pounds of baby weight! All you have to do is cut out sugar, carbs, and dairy for 1-4 weeks and wait for the results. Once you've reached your goal weight, you can resume normal eating and maintain using a steady workout routine. You might even need to treat yourself to an entirely new workout wardrobe!